Monday, November 30, 2009

Car Troubles :(

Beautiful Boy

Yesterday, Isaiah and I had a wonderful afternoon at the beach with Jakki, Jason, Jen, Ava, Harley, and Damon. I'm not sure if it's because Isaiah is walking now, but it was so much more relaxing for me at the beach than usual. There were also quite a few of us there too, so I could let him wonder a few chairs away from me and still see him because he's moving upright now! We took a few dips in the ocean which was cool enough to be refreshing, but warm enough for Isaiah to like it! The waves at Reggae beach are pretty small, so it's a nice place to take the kids.

Isaiah walking ready to head to the beach!

Isaiah also got to have some fun playing in the sand with Damon and Ava's sand toys! He is definitely not like Josh or I when it comes to the sand! Josh and I absolutely hate sand and would love it if a there was a beach made of mattresses or something soft that didn't get stuck all over you and make you quiver! Isaiah, on the other hand, loves it! He loves to roll in it, stick his hands in it, and yes....even eat it sometimes! With the sand, he reminds me of how my little cousin Alex used to be at Ocean City licking his crackers and then dipping them in the sand!

Eating sand off the rake

Isaiah is walking all over the place now! It's crazy that in just a few short days he is almost like a new person! He did great walking on the sand for the first time and kept wondering around, so we took quite a few walks together yesterday too. It was nice to spend time with Jakki while both our husbands were studying and she too felt like she really got a nice chance to relax, so it was a great afternoon!

Ava, Jen, and Isaiah

I think I mentioned it before, but our car shut off on Joshua on Saturday morning, so Josh called a garage this morning and they came out to look at it and get it back to their garage this afternoon. Apparently Dorothy (our car) needs a new radiator! We also knew that we needed to get new brakes, a new A/C belt, and an oil change, so with all that it's going to be a nice chunk of change, but hopefully it'll keep the car in good running condition for the next couple of years and pay off in the end with saving us from having to get a new one! The guy from the garage was really nice when he came to look at it, so I feel like Dorothy is in very capable hands. They aren't sure though how long it is going to take to get a new radiator, so please pray that they can get the car back up and running in the next day or so. It's a busy time for Josh with finals and I feel bad relying on Jakki to take Isaiah and I everywhere, so it would be so nice to get the car back quickly!

Isaiah giving Ava a hug and kiss...she wasn't so sure about it though!

Today, since we were waiting on the mechanic to come look at the car, Isaiah and I just stayed here at home. We were hoping to go to the pool and lunch with Jakki, but instead she brought over some leftovers they had for lunch and we watched a couple episodes of the TV show, Glee, which I really like! Isaiah took a 3 1/2 hour nap this morning and over lunch, so it was nice to hang out with Jakki and watch some TV without constantly running after Isaiah when he gets into something!

Big man sitting in the beach chair

Isaiah has been in a good mood since he woke up and hopefully that will continue into this evening. Since he took such a long nap I'll probably try to keep him up the rest of the day and pray that will help him sleep at night! We haven't been sleeping well since Isaiah hasn't the last several weeks and Josh needs his rest the next couple weeks to study for finals, so Isaiah (and maybe me too if I need to) is probably moving into his room tonight. We might try letting him cry it out a bit and see if he'll learn to sleep through the night, but we'll have to see how it goes. I feel like we've tried a bunch of things and nothing seems to get him to sleep all night and we're running out of ideas and don't want him to be miserable when we come home!

SO CUTE: Homeboys Damon and Isaiah at Reggae!

I got to talk to my Pap McCahan when I called Mom at work today and he sounds GREAT! I was so excited to get to talk to him and he sounds really happy with their new apartment and is doing so well. I feel like maybe this hospitalization was a blessing to get him back on his feet. He and Nana have been getting out of the house to eat out everyday again and got out to two different Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday, so I'm really happy that he's doing better and they're getting to be more active again! I'm sure he loved getting to visit the girls at the store and I bet they loved getting to catch up with him too and I'm sure it was good for him to be out of the apartment for a few hours! Thanks to all who have been praying for him.....God is good!

Too much fun at the beach...he fell asleep on the way home and slept for over 2 hours!

I hope everyone has a good start to this new week. Now we're at less than 3 weeks...only 18 more days until we head home. I know I say this all the time, but I really can't wait to see everyone and get to spend some time relaxing at home!!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009