Saturday, November 14, 2009

TGFF (Thank God For Friends/Family)!!!

Isaiah napping in his crib yesterday

So today has turned out to actually be a bit of a busy day for us, even though I hadn't really planned on that, but it's ok. Isaiah and I haven't been out much this week, so it'll be nice to have a day where we have some different things going on! Josh, Isaiah, and I all went to the grocery store together this morning. It's so much nicer for me when Josh and I can go to the store together and both help figure out pricing and what we really need for the week! We can make a bigger trip all at once to last us a week or so, which is also nice, so we're not always going to pick up things here and there. We had a very successful trip to the grocery store and got the fridge all stocked up and meals planned for the week. I like it so much better when we have meal ideas, so that I'm not always trying to think of things on my own! If anyone has good recipe ideas that don't have weird ingredients (it's hard to find different stuff at our grocery stores) I would appreciate it! We've been doing a little better at trying to plan a variety of things, but we still end up making a lot of the same stuff all the time!

The boys (leaving Timothy Beach)

We did end up going to Timothy Beach for a while last night to watch Volleyball. It wasn't too exciting since some of our friends weren't there and the ones who were were playing! We stayed for a little while, but headed home to make dinner and Josh carried Isaiah to the car on his shoulders. Before we went to the beach though, Josh came home to find Isaiah and I napping together on the bed, so we got to have a little family nap time with the three of us all cuddled up together. It was nice to be able to relax all together and enjoy the quiet time together!

My boys=LOVE!

We got to Skype with Ashley and Ella for a little bit this morning, which was nice. Hopefully we can talk to them a bit later this afternoon too. Ashley looks great and they sound as excited for us to come home as we are! Ella said, "Miss you Zay" and it really made me want to cry. Those kids definitely love each other, which I'm very thankful for. Hopefully they'll be as close with each other as we were with Adam and Kate growing up! We didn't really realize we were 2 separate families for a long time!

Isaiah this morning playing around in his Penguins onesie
(a gift from Dr. Dutra and the picture is for Pappy Mark!)

Then Jakki picked us up and we went along with her, Jen, and Ava to find a birthday present for Damon to take to his party tomorrow. We ended up going together and getting him a couple of things. The toys were pretty expensive here, but we wanted to try to get him something he could really enjoy and I think he'll like them! We also went to TDC (what they say is the closest thing to a Wal-mart or Target, but it isn't really close at all!) to pick up some random things and I got a couple of things I had been thinking about getting for here at home, which was good too.
He can't wait until after lunch!

Isaiah misssed his morning nap and wouldn't go to sleep when we first got home like I had planned, so I decided to get lunch for us and then try for a nap. Isaiah was fine initially sitting in his high chair and eating some munchies, but kept laying his head down for a few seconds at a time on his arm. I moved the pizza up in the oven to broil the top and when I turned around....he was ASLEEP! That's the second time that's happened and I felt awful that he fell asleep there, but what are you to do when they won't sleep when you plan? Enjoy the pictures!

Asleep in his high chair!

When Isaiah wakes up from his nap we are planning to go to the pool with Jakki and her husband Joe and Ava and Jen might come along as well, which would be fun. Isaiah loves Ava and Damon, so it's nice anytime they can play together. The pool at Frigate Bay is nice and secluded and I'm excited to go to a pool for the 1st time with Isaiah's floaty from home that Mimi sent down in our last package. I think he'll really like it in the pool and it will help corral all of his toys, so hopefully we'll have a good time. I'm not sure how late Josh is planning to stay at school to study, but I'm thinking probably until 5 or 6. We don't have any plans for tonight, so we'll see what we end up getting into! Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend! Love you guys! :)
Cute baby boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009