Thursday, December 3, 2009

Caroling in the Caribbean

Couldn't get him to keep the Santa hat on, but still cute!

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post! Isaiah has only been taking one nap during the day the past few days, which has been great in that he's been sleeping SO MUCH better at night and later in the morning, but it also means that I have less free time during the day to do my posting! I don't have too much to report other than what we've been up to the past few days. Josh's classes are winding down and next week he has time in most classes for review or doesn't have some classes and just extra time to study, which will be nice for him to have some more time during the day to concentrate on studying for finals. I'm pretty much planning on not seeing him very much the next 2 weeks, but then after finals we can have 3 weeks to spend all the time together we want and we can both actually RELAX a little bit for a change!

Daddy was making him laugh!

On Tuesday, Isaiah and I went to the pool at the Marriott with Jakki for a couple of hours and had a really nice time! It's funny now that Isaiah is walking everywhere...he'd crawl down off my lounge chair and start walking straight toward the water, which was a little frightening! At least he's not too fast yet and easy to catch! We got to sip a strawberry banana smoothie, which Isaiah loved and he's still SO CUTE when he drinks them!

My boys

Yesterday, Isaiah and I went downtown with Jakki to do a little Christmas shopping for our families. It was fun finding gifts for people back home and helped to get me in the Christmas spirit! Isaiah was very well behaved through all the shopping and we got to enjoy lunch at Ballahoo Restaurant downtown at 'the Circus' which is the main circle downtown. I ordered the special which was chicken with pasta in a basil cream sauce. I didn't realize Isaiah was so hungry, but he started taking noodles right off my plate as soon as they set it on the table and in total he probably ate almost HALF of my lunch!

Keith, Jakki, Me, & Josh
Last night they had a Christmas celebration on campus at Ross for the 1st semester and vet prep students. They had hot apple cider and hot chocolate with cookies and cupcakes for refreshment. They had asked Jakki to get a group together to sing carols for the event earlier this semester and she had asked Josh and I to sing along with her and Keith, who sings in the community choir here with her and is also the on campus housing director at Ross. We had fun rehearsing the carols the past few weeks and overall I think we did well last night. It was a little crazy and really loud with people talking to one another, but we got through all of our songs and impressed some of our friends and I really had a nice time singing! I miss my choir peeps from home!

The Quartet in action!

That pretty much brings you all up to speed. Isaiah and I spent the day at home today and are going to Caribel Batik and lunch with Jakki and Kori tomorrow to finish our Christmas shopping hopefully! Our car got fixed and Josh picked it up at the garage on Tuesday afternoon and Dorothy is running well now! Hope everyone is having a good week and at least the weekend is close! We're having a birthday party for Isaiah on Saturday (his real birthday) here at our place. We are having a cookout and going to have cake and ice cream too so it should be fun! We'll be leaving the island 2 weeks from tomorrow to head home for Christmas and are so excited to be coming home so soon! We love you all so much! I'll leave you with a video of our caroling last night singing Joy to the World. Sorry it's really dark, but it was dark outside and only a few Christmas lights hanging up, but hope you enjoy!

Christmas Quartet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009