Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Wednesday at the Beach!

Gong Beach

It was a gorgeous day!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but we were busy enjoying life on a Caribbean island...well, at least Isaiah and I were! Isaiah and I went with our friend, Jakki, to a VIP cookout at Gong Beach yesterday. The beach was gorgeous, although covered with seaweed like stuff, which other VIP's said is normally not the case. I guess we need to enjoy this beach while we can. It will soon be the site of Christophe Harbor, which is a development on the southern tip of the island where they plan to build hotels, a mall, a golf course, upscale housing developments, and a huge marina that can accomodate regular ships as well as mega-yachts! While it will bring more tourism opportunities to the island and more things for residents to enjoy...it makes me a little sad that this gorgeous beach will no longer be as secluded and accessible for others to enjoy! We had a gorgeous day for heading out to the beach. The water was a little cooler than the air which made it nice and refreshing. There were some waves, but not too big, so I could take Isaiah in the water with me. Jakki is truly a lifesaver when we head to the beach and is my extra set of hands to help with Isaiah...I really appreciate all her help!
Isaiah of course likes to crawl and play in the sand and I couldn't keep him off other people's towels!
We had a nice time and also had taken food to cook on the grill by one of the other VIP's. It's a challenge feeding Isaiah anywhere, but sitting on a towel at the beach made it even more interesting! Overall though, he was really well behaved and even ate his whole hot dog and some cheese bites!
Josh is continuing to do well in his classes. He is now done with 3 out of 4 exams and just has nutrition left to study for on Tuesday. I think it makes us both feel good to be able to see how much all of his time and hard work at school is paying off. Isaiah and I miss him during the day, but I know he's doing what he needs to to do the best he can and hopefully get us as close to home as possible for clinicals in a couple of years!!!

I was also very excited that I got to talk to both my Nana and Pap McCahan on the phone yesterday. I called Pap's hospital room in Altoona and got to talk to him after therapy and before he was discharged to rehab at Homewood! He sounded like he's doing much better and seems very motivated to work hard in rehab so he can get home soon! I'm excited to see everyone at Christmas, but especially can't wait to give Pap a big hug!

Isaiah is 11 months old today! I can't believe it! In some ways, it's hard to remember life without him, but in other ways it seems like just weeks ago that I was still pregnant! He's getting so tall and doing so many things now. He's understanding a lot of words and saying a few to us regularly. (He knows Mum Mum and Dada and who we are and also sometimes calls Josh "Josh" and says something that sounds like "Zaya" every once in a while too). I can't wait for you all to see him in December and see how he's grown and changed!

The last thing, I wanted to include a video of Isaiah from last night. We started letting him watch some Sesame street songs on Youtube and he's really starting to get into it. In this video he was watching Elmo share his song with Big Bird and Snuffaluffagos! He likes to dance to music now and got pretty into it....he's so cute! Hope you enjoy and I'll write again soon! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Karen, that just made my day soooo much better! I was just wondering why i am teaching music when the kids were just horrible today!! Then I saw this and laughed because I love that song and Isaiah was dancing and singing! Yay, I love this kiddo! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad! I thought it was so cute and we actually got something on tape! He usually won't do anything when I start filming. I love that he seems to like to sing and dance because those are things that are very important to me too! Hope you had a good day teaching with the kiddos and we'll see you tomorrow for something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm.. watching that video makes me miss you even MORE! Oh my goodness. <3

    ReplyDelete

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009