Saturday, November 21, 2009

4 weeks and counting...

Josh and Isaiah at Spratnet

It's Saturday and exactly 4 weeks from now we'll be waking up in Everett for the first time in 3+ months. Josh and I are both getting excited to see everyone and be back in our familiar surroundings for a while. We are also anxious for everyone to see our little man and how big he's gotten! He took 11 steps by himself for me yesterday, so I think he should be a walking pro or close to it by the time we get home in 4 weeks! He's also saying more words (the new ones are down, door, and go). When he says go he also moves his little left arm forward and back, which is so adorable!

Isaiah ready to head to dinner

Thursday evening I went to see New Moon at the movie theater in town. I haven't read the books, but loved Twilight the movie and also liked New Moon. I think New Moon was better and I can't wait to get home and get my hands on the books because I'm really anxious now to read them before Eclipse comes out in June! It was also nice to have an evening to myself when I didn't have to be worrying every second what Isaiah was getting into or going to injure himself with! He's just so busy right now! He had a good evening with his Daddy, which is also good. I feel like he doesn't get to see Josh near as much since he's gone all day, so it's nice for them to have some time just the two of them every once in a while!

VIDEO: Isaiah saying "ball"

Yesterday, Isaiah and I just hung out here for the day. He was pretty good and took good naps for me in the morning and afternoon, which he didn't do Wednesday and Thursday, so that was a nice change! I think he's getting to the point where he'll start only napping once here before long, so sometimes he plays around with that and skips a nap or takes 2 really short ones, but usually ends up fussy in the evening, so I think for now, he still needs them both! (And I like him taking 2 naps too, so I can get some things done and also have a little time to relax...and BLOG!) We picked Josh up at school a little after 6 and headed to Spratnet, which is a restaurant here that a lot of Ross students really like. They have different specials available that usually include lobster, fish, ribs, chicken, shrimp, and pizza. We've always gotten pizza (since that's the only vegetarian option) and it's really good. The place is really affordable too, which is also good. They also have high chairs, which is rare on the island, so that's nice for us too when we go out somewhere. We went to dinner to celebrate Lara's birthday. Lara and her husband Lloyd, who is in 6th semester right now, go to our church, so there were a lot of people from church that we knew and a couple faculty members who also come to our church, so it was nice.
Asleep in his carseat

Today, Isaiah and I got up and took Josh to school around 10. Isaiah took a quick nap on the way home, but woke up when I got him out of the car because he heard our neighbor (and landlord, Mala) outside with her dogs and he went nuts saying, "Doh, doh, doh!" It was so cute. He's been in a pretty good mood since, so I think that's all the nap he's going to take this morning. We are probably going to lunch with a few of the girls and then we're supposed to pick Josh up at school around 4 and hopefully we're going to head to the pool at Frigate Bay for a little family fun before it gets dark!

VIDEO: My little Clark Kent :)

Josh has an exam on Monday, so I think the plan for tomorrow is for him to head to school after church and study until late afternoon. Josiah is having a beach BBQ for Jakki's bday tomorrow, so we're planning on heading to the beach around 3:30 for some fun in the sun, good food, and good company! Hope you enjoy the videos...Isaiah's a little more entertaining now with walking and talking! Hope everyone has a great weekend! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009