Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another Sunday at the beach!


Hey everybody. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far and has a nice relaxing Sunday before the work week begins again! Only 26 days until we leave the island and come home for Christmas break and I'm getting so anxious. I'm starting to think of everything we need to pack and everything we need to get at home to bring back with us in January! We are hopefully going to order some presents online and have them sent home for Isaiah for Christmas. It's really just a few things that he needs (a booster seat, new sippy cups, etc), so nothing really fun for him, but we figure with presents from people at home for his bday and Christmas and him only being 1 (OMG...can't believe he'll be 1 soon!) that he won't mind too much this year!

Look how cute in his shoes!

Yesterday afternoon, Isaiah and I ended up going up to Jason and Jen's to hang out for a little while instead of going to lunch with some of the girls. We had a good time hanging out with Jakki and Jen and we got to see Jake too for a little bit before we left. We came home around 2:45 because Isaiah was starting to get a little fussy and acting tired. He definitely was tired, but it took me until 4 to get him down for a nap! He's been crazy and unpredictable with his naps lately and it's driving me a little nutty too! He slept for an hour here and then we needed to pick Josh up at school and he slept the whole way to Ross and then stayed asleep until we got to the grocery store, so he ended up with a decent nap, which he really needed!

Napping in the car again!

Last night we just came home and made dinner and Skyped with each set of parents for a bit, which was nice. My parents were keeping Ella and Lydia, so we got to see the girls and talk to Ella a bit. She's so funny and growing up so quickly! She started calling Isaiah "Zaybert" because my Mom does and if he was fussing, she'd say, "Zaybert, don't cry! It's okay, it's okay." She was so sweet. She also said, "I can't wait to see you Zay!" I know 2 kids who will both be happy to be reunited come December! I think they'll have a lot of fun together (at least I hope so)!

The Marriott and Royal St. Kitts Golf Course from Jason and Jen's

A view of our place from Jason and Jen's pool area
(the white roof is our building and we park where you see the cars)

We went to church this morning and then came home right after. Josh got ready and headed off to school to study for most of the day until later this afternoon. He has his last microanatomy exam tomorrow until finals week, so he's reviewing everything he's been studying today to make sure he's prepared for tomorrow! I have total confidence in him. He's doing really well so far, but he's putting a lot of pressure on himself now to try to get all A's this semester. Any thoughts and prayers for him over the next few weeks would be appreciated because I think he's going to start to stress himself out here soon!

My happy boy

He's going to head home this afternoon and we are headed to Godfather's beach area for a Birthday cookout for my bestie here in St. Kitts, Jakki to celebrate her bday today! It should be fun and there are a bunch of friends from our orientation group and church coming, so I'm sure we'll have a good time. Hopefully Isaiah will behave himself and I'm just praying we don't get eaten alive by bugs like we did during the last cookout! I'm going to try to remember to take my camera and get some pictures of us at the cookout, so hopefully I'll have some to post tomorrow. That's all going on for now. Josh has his test tomorrow and then no more for a couple of weeks, so hopefully we'll have a nice relaxing week after the micro exam is over! Hope everyone has a great week ahead and we'll see you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009