Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday at Reggae with friends!

Busy Boy

The kids had fun playing and running around!

Yesterday we got to attend our second (and final) Thanksgiving dinner of 2009. This dinner was hosted by Jen and Jason Chin at their apartment on the street above ours. All of our friends from orientation week were there as well as a few people Jen works with at the school and a couple of Jason's friends from class. It was a perfect afternoon/evening spent with our newly formed family here on the island. Everyone brought something with them and we really had a feast of great food! I made Mom's broccoli rice casserole and turtle pumpkin pies for dessert and Josh made a HUGE mocha devastation cake that was totally vegan and tasted AMAZING! It was really big though, so I think everybody took some of it home with them!

BFF's (Jakki and me)

Isaiah was on the move the entire time except when he sat and ate in his high chair for me. It was later in the afternoon, so we kind of had a combined lunch and dinner and Isaiah was getting a little fussy, so Josh went ahead and fixed Isaiah a plate and we had to ask Josh to go back for seconds of Harley's mashed potatoes and Mimi's broccoli rice casserole that I made! Isaiah had a great time playing with different toys and chasing Ava and Damon around the apartment. There were also a couple of dogs there....Kristen brought her puppy Ottley along and after that, Elena brought her dog Torpedo for a while. Isaiah really enjoyed that! He didn't even take an afternoon nap and didn't really get fussy until around 8:00. We left just before 8:30 to head home and get him ready for bed. He was really tired, but still wasn't totally ready for bed until he fell asleep around 9:30.

Long, Liz, Alex (sitting), and Jake

For church today, we had another beach service at Angeles Beach since we got bumped from our usual spot at Frigate Bay resort and also another resort we had booked too! Isaiah didn't do so well at the last beach service with wanted to get down and be in the sand and not sit still, so Josh stayed home with him this morning while I went to church and sang with the worship team. It really is nice to have church at the beach every once in a while. It makes it really easy to praise God and see how incredible he is when you have amazing mountains, clear ocean water, and gorgeous blue sky right in front of you!

Autum, Kristen, and Erin

Isaiah fell asleep a little after 10 this morning for his nap. He hasn't been sleeping well again, but has been taking pretty good naps for me the past few days, so at least that helps me get a little break and sometimes a nap too when I haven't gotten a great night's sleep! Josh went to school with Autum when I got home from church to study for the day. He's not sure when he'll be home and since our car is out of commission for now, we're at the mercy of others. Isaiah and I are planning on going to Reggae beach this afternoon with Jakki and hopefully meeting Jen and Ava and Harley and Damon there too! It'll be nice to get out for a couple of hours and see some other people.

Joe and Jakki Moses

We are now at less than 3 weeks until we come home and I think I get more anxious by the minute! I think it's 19 days now!!! I feel like we've done well here this first semester and are settled in and we're liking it okay. It just hit me that Thanksgiving, although we had a great time with friends here, just wasn't the same being away from home and I don't really think it'll feel like Christmastime until it's cold and snowy and we're home with all our family! This is my favorite time of year too and it just doesn't feel the same when I look out my window and it's blazing hot and everything's green and there won't ever be any snow! I know all of you at home that have been griping about it being cold might think we're lucky, but Josh and I have decided we need to live someplace that has seasons! Eternal summer isn't as great as some might think!

Josh and Taylor

I think that's all for now. Hope you enjoy the pictures from our dinner yesterday. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures at the beach today and can post some tomorrow. Love you all....see you in 19 days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009