Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Girls (+Isaiah) lunch!

Isaiah's new favorite indoor toy (His pool floaty)

Yesterday afternoon and evening sure was busy and today is shaping up to be a little busy for us too! (When I say busy it's a relative term...not busy compared to my schedule back home, but busy for Isaiah and I here in terms of doing something during the day vs. nothing!) We went to gymnastics and cheerleading yesterday afternoon. Isaiah fell asleep on the way to campus and stayed asleep in his stroller for 2/3 of gymnastics. Our little gymnasts are getting better each week and are usually pretty well behaved. I can't say the same for our little cheerleaders. They are less motivated and I think we've gotten tired of fighting with them, so we did a little dancing, a little cheering, a little cheer jumping, and a little goofing off and I think we all had a pretty good time!
He started rolling around and got an arm stuck in a leg hole!

After cheerleading, Isaiah and I headed to Domino's with Jakki to pick up dinner (pizza before praise band is becoming a weekly tradition!) and then headed to Jakki and Joe's. We ate dinner and watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother on the computer. Josh and I really miss that show since the time change and our earlier bed time here! (Now it doesn't come on until 9 here and we're usually in bed or heading that way by then!) Praise band practice was a little crazy with a few new songs, but went well I think. Hopefully God will be with me on Sunday and help me remember how they sound! Josh came to Jakki and Joe's at 6 when praise band practice started and watched Isaiah for me there, which was nice to not have to worry about doing two things at once! After praise band practice, Josh and I practiced with Jakki and Keith (on campus housing director at Ross) for a caroling performance coming up on December 2nd. I guess they're having a little Christmas celebration and wanted some carols to be sung at some point, so we're singing in a little quartet. It was fun and I LOVE Christmas carols/hymns, so I had a really nice time. It was nice to hear Josh's voice too....he still sounds SO GOOD (although I might be a little biased)!
That's the cute little face that gets me anytime he does something
he's not supposed to and I can't be mad!!!

Hopefully after Isaiah's morning nap (if he ever takes one that is!) we're heading to lunch with Jakki and Lara at the golf clubhouse. I've never been there before, but Jakki said the food was really good, so I'm looking forward to it. Lara's husband, Lloyd, is a 6th semester and in praise band with me and she just got back to the island after being home working for a few months, so I'm excited to get to know her a little bit better too.
Back to climbing in drawers

He now realizes thought that he can reach things on top of the
dresser by standing in the drawer!

Then the plan for this evening is MEXICAN NIGHT at Jakki and Joe's with many of our friends! We all miss mexican food so much and you can't really find it on the island anywhere, so this will be the 2nd mexican night of the semester! I'm looking forward to some TACOS! I'm making some beans for Josh to put in his tacos, plus I think I'm going to make black bean and corn salsa and take some chips, and I might make some rice to take to share and for Isaiah to eat along with supper. I'm sure we'll have a great time. It's really nice when we can all get together and just RELAX! So...hopefully tomorrow I can post some pictures from our evening. Hope everyone is having a good week so far....only 4 1/2 more weeks until we head home for Christmas break and I can't wait to see all of you!!!

XOXO, Karen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009