Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Regular Tuesday


Mismatched pj's, but so cute!

It's now only about 24 days until we head home and it's starting to feel like it's finally getting closer. Josh is now done with all of his exams until finals, but has already started the studying process to keep up with all the material he is learning to be ready for finals. Let me correct that...I guess he does have one more exam before finals. He has an anatomy exam on Friday and then the following week is when he has a final each day including his anatomy final on Monday. Seems kind of redundant to me to have an exam on Friday and again on Monday in the same subject, but I'm sure the faculty here know better than I do! Josh did well on an anatomy quiz he took Friday and also did well on his microanatomy exam he took yesterday. He's now putting the pressure on himself to do very well on all of his finals with the hopes of getting a 4.0 for this 1st semester! I'm just hoping that he relaxes a little bit and doesn't drive himself nuts in the next few weeks!

Looking out the door to the yard
(hoping to catch a glimpse of Shelby, the neighbor's dog)

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday, but Isaiah decided that he didn't need a nap in the morning, so I didn't get any time for the blog! He finally gave in and fell asleep at 2:15 in the afternoon and slept until 5. He is taking a morning nap today though, so I'm hoping that we can have a nice day together! He's still working on his 2 front teeth and they seem to be bothering him quite a bit the last week or so. The one on the left looks like it could come through anyday, so we keep hoping! He did, at least, sleep a little bit better for us last night, although I would've liked to sleep past 6:15 this morning! At least he was in a good mood for me until he went down for his nap.

Reading "The Foot Book" to himself in baby gibberish

Josh, Isaiah, and I all went to the grocery store last evening to get some things for the week and mainly to get supplies for the food we are going to make for our 2 Thanksgiving dinners. We are having the first dinner with our church group on Thursday evening and the 2nd with friends on Saturday afternoon. I'm making Turtle pumpkin pie for both (which I'm hoping is as delicious as it sounds/looks) and Josh is making a vegan chocolate/espresso cake for Saturday, so we had quite a bit of items to get at the store for those things. It was a successful trip though and it's so nice to have Josh along at the grocery store! We did have a few things we didn't find at the store though, so Isaiah and I are going to head to the other main store on the island when he gets up from his nap to try to find the couple other things we are missing.

Reaching for the closet doorknobs (Josh loves it when he does this!)

Isaiah and I will then be headed to the prep school for our weekly gymnastics/cheerleading groups this afternoon. Josh is then going to take Isaiah for me while I go to praise band practice and grab some pizza at Jakki and Joe's for supper. It's a lot easier to sing and learn new songs when I'm not chasing Isaiah around, especially in a house that's not child proofed for him! I think it's also good for Josh and Isaiah to get some "guy time." Isaiah definitely favors me more since I'm the one he sees all the time, so it's good for him to see that Daddy still knows how to take care of him every once in a while!

Dimple

Now I feel like we're just trying to make it through the next couple of weeks until finals (when I'm assuming I won't see Josh for about the last 2 weeks we're here!). Although I keep telling myself that while those couple of weeks won't be very enjoyable, I'll know that I'm SO close to getting to come home, so I'm hoping that will get me through! I'm getting so excited for Isaiah's 1st Bday party once we get home and the chance to visit with everyone again! It's still so surreal for me that we're living this far away and I'll be so glad to at least have 1 semester done and out of the way!

Sleeping on our bed for the second half of his nap

I guess that's all for now. I hope you enjoy the pictures (I think there are some really cute ones here today) and we will see you all in just over 3 weeks! Love you!

Sleepy Boy
(This reminds me of his birth announcement photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009