Friday, October 23, 2009

Yay for Friday and Friends!

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago when Isaiah and I spent a day at the pool at the Frigate Bay Resort together. I think he thought I was playing peek-a-boo when I got behind the chair to get him and the pool in the picture, so I got this really great smile complete with his adorable dimple! We rather enjoyed ourselves at the pool on Wednesday with Harley and Damon and are planning to go again this afternoon with Jakki. Jakki made lasagna and is going to bring it over to our place for lunch and then we are going to head to the pool! It's always nice and relaxing there and gives us a chance to enjoy the nice weather for a change. (Usually we're cursing the heat because we're inside with no AC in the living room!)

Jakki and her husband Josiah also invited us to a cookout at the beach this afternoon and I think we're going to go to that. Josh has class until 5, but hopefully he can just meet us there if he can catch a ride with someone. I'm trying to think of what I should make to bring along, so we'll see what I decide! I like having something fun to do as a family and with our friends on the weekends. It's nice to get Josh away from the books a little bit and for all of us to spend some time out somewhere on the island together!

As an update...our water heater has been replaced and the termites have been sprayed, so hopefully there aren't any other huge issues to deal with here! Our landlords were great in taking care of the issues, so at least I feel like we're in good hands here! Our landlord, Shaun, does think there might still be some groundwater leaking through the foundation which may be causing some of the dampness and the musty smell in Isaiah's bedroom, so we are going to keep an eye on that the next week or so and see if something else needs to be done, but at least all the major problems have been taken care of. For now, we're happy with Isaiah sleeping in his crib in our bedroom at least part of the night and then with us in bed the rest of the night! He seems to be doing a little better at night sometimes....out of the past 6 nights I think we've had 3 where he only got up twice (which is really good!) and 3 where he got up four times (not so good). I can't seem to make sense of what makes him sleep better or not, so who knows....I think right now we're just trying to do whatever we need to get some sleep, so that Josh isn't sleeping through his classes during the day and hoping that Isaiah will someday grow out of this phase and learn to sleep through the night!

I hope everyone has had a good week and wish you all wonderful weekends! We love you all and can't wait to see you! From today, it is exactly 8 weeks and we'll be HOME!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009