Sunday, October 11, 2009

Friends :)


Here it is Sunday and I find myself being very thankful for our new friends here. These are some pictures from our get together last evening at Jen and Jason Chin's house (Ava's parents) of Isaiah with his new friends Damon and Ava. I think the kids had a great time chasing each other around and playing with each other's toys and the parents definitely enjoyed watching the kids interact with one another. We're all very thankful that there are other small children here for the kids to play and hopefully develop friendships with! We went to Jason and Jen's and everyone brought something to eat. We all hung out together and even took a dip in their pool, which Damon and Isaiah thoroughly enjoyed! Josh took last evening and this morning off from studying for our dinner at the Chin's last night and we went to church and then brunch with some friends this morning. Our church is a group of other people like us from campus that just get together to pray and learn lessons together. We're currently watching a series of video lessons from a minister out in Texas who is talking to college freshman about assessing what goals they have for their lives and who they are really living for, so it seems to really resonate with where we're at in the beginning of this journey and reminding us that we're not just here for Josh to go to school. Helping us remember that our ultimate goal is to live our lives according to how God wants us to. It helps us that we feel like God has worked everything out for us to be here in this situation, so I really feel like this is where He wants us to be at this point in our lives, so hopefully we will be able to grow and our relationship together, but also our relationship with Him during this time. Isaiah did really well during church today even though he was tired and he also made it all the way through our buffet brunch at the Marriott. Joe and Autumn came along too, so we had a very nice time visiting together after church. Isaiah finally crashed in the car on the way home and we came right in and put him down in his crib, so hopefully he'll get a good nap in!

I'm really missing home and all of our family and friends (especially hugs from my Mama!), but I do feel like I'm handling living this far away much better than I expected I would, so I'm proud of myself in that aspect. I am excited that yesterday was 6 weeks that we've been here and in only 10 more weeks from now we'll be home and getting ready for Isaiah's 1st Bday party! :) The last 2 weeks have really flown by, so I'm sure the next 10 will go more quickly than when we first arrived! Below is a picture of Isaiah eating some shredded cheddar cheese as his appetizer for lunch yesterday. He loved it and all I could think was..."He truly is my son!" Mom...you'll have to make sure Cindy Black sees this! Hope you all had fantastic weekends!

Hugs and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009