Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Taco Night!


This picture is one that I took on Sunday during our Catamaran trip and is a view of the beach at Nevis taken from on our boat as we were leaving. Sometimes here I get so involved in the day to day that I forget to take the time and actually be thankful for this beautiful tropical paradise that we're living in. This morning Isaiah and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items (Baby crackers being on top of the list since we had friends that found them at the store and Isaiah loved them when Lynne sent us some a few weeks ago!). We had a good trip. Isaiah was very well behaved even though he was getting tired and he even rode in the cart for the entire trip which really saved my arms from getting worn out too quickly! Anyway...when we pulled in to our driveway, I looked out over the island and from up there you can see the Atlantic ocean in front of the Marriott resort and you can also see the Caribbean sea at Timothy Beach. I just took a few deep breaths and thanked God for the beauty of this place and asked Him to help me appreciate it a little more! Like I've said before...God is providing so well for us here and we're finding our way now after several weeks and I really feel that this is where he wants us to be right now and that makes it a little easier to be away from all of you. Now....don't get me wrong, I miss you all like crazy and I especially can't wait to get my hands on my two adorable little nieces in December!!!

Isaiah has taken a couple steps a few times yesterday for us and we even got him to take 2 steps for us last night, so that Lynne and Mark could see it on Skype. They were very excited and we were glad they could be included in watching him change and develop. We're going to try to Skype with my parents tomorrow on their day off and see if I can convince him to walk a little bit for them to see it too! Even without the walking, his balance is getting so much better and he stands alone and plays with toys now too, so I know it's not too far away when he'll be trying to run away from me when we go places! I'm excited that he still seems to be thriving and developing well. Now I'm trying to work on teaching him some basic body parts and their locations (eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, ears, that kind of thing). So we'll see how that goes. He's still not talking a lot, but babbles all the time with new syllables every few days. Right now he's very into saying "Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ba" over and over again in different tones which is cute. Last night for Lynne and Mark he did say Mama, Dada, and something that sounds like Isaiah when I asked him to, so it's coming along as well.

Tonight we've invited all of our friends here over to our place for Taco Night! There isn't much mexican food here on the island and we're all big fans and missing it a lot, so we decided we'd make our own! Josh and I are making tacos with all the fixin's with other people bringing some side dishes and drinks to finish it out and make a great meal. Hopefully it'll just be a fun night and give us an opportunity to have some nice time to relax together!

Hope all is well with everyone at home! We love you and miss you! Less than 9 weeks until we get to come home and see all of you!
Isaiah napping on our bed wearing an outfit that Pap McCahan bought before we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009