Friday, October 9, 2009

A Day at the Beach! :)

Isaiah must have been pretty worn out from something yesterday. He slept in until 7:30 (usually he wakes up between 6 and 6:30) and I actually woke up before him. This is how he ended up sleeping between Josh and I this morning upside down. I just looked at him sleeping this morning and couldn't believe how big he's gotten! I mean...look at those legs!!! At least he hopefully won't be cursed with short legs like his Mama! He was so sweet when he woke up and always has smiles for me first thing in the morning!

Our big plans for the day were to hit the beach. This was kind of a scary undertaking for me since I haven't ventured to the beach without Josh since our move. It's just a lot of stuff we have to take to have everything Isaiah might need or want and it's a little difficult to do it on my own, but I decided that we could do it! We met our new friends Jakki and Kori at the Marriott and had lunch at one of their outdoor restaurants. I ordered Isaiah a meal from the kids' menu (a first!) and he was completely orange from the Mac-N-Cheese by the time he was finished, but he ate over half the serving! I think he really enjoyed it! Then we did go to the Marriott beach for a couple of hours. It was a little cloudy, but that was actually nice for Isaiah to not have so much sun. He absolutely loves to be in the ocean! When I was holding him in the water today, he kept reaching down for me to put him in the water and once he's on his belly in the water he kicks his little feet! He was also enjoying jumping waves with Kori! He did fall off the low beach chairs once and cried just a tiny bit, but didn't hurt himself at all. The worst part was he was COVERED in sand!!! His back looked like a cinnamon sugar pretzel from Auntie Anne's! So...we had to take another dip in the water (which I think maybe he planned) to rinse him (and ME!) off. Overall we had a very nice time. We came home, got cleaned up, watched his baby DVD, and now he's down for the count! Nothing like a little sun to wear the little guy out!

Anyway....hoping the weather isn't too bad where you are. If you need a getaway with some guaranteed sunshine and salty ocean air, just let us know. We'd be glad to have the company!

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009