Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bug Bites and Crab Walks...

So I have a lot of pictures to post today, most of which I took this morning and one from last evening. This first one almost makes me want to cry. We have a picture of Isaiah sleeping with his hands almost the same way at about 8 days old and that's what this one made me think of this morning while he was sleeping in our bed! He's doing a tad bit better with sleeping and is taking better naps for me again most days! Last week for a few days in a row I was lucky to get him to sleep for 30 minutes, but this week he's been back to taking 1+ to 2 hour naps for me, which has been a nice break for me during the day too!

Last evening we went to Godfather's beach and Jakki and Joe brought their grill and we all brought things to cook. We had a pretty good turnout with us, Jakki and Joe, Autumn, Erin, Harley, and Damon, and Jen and Ava. Josh and Harley found some wood and built us a nice big fire on the beach as it started getting dark soon after we arrived. We got to see our first good sunset from that beach last night and it was so beautiful! The only problem of the night was that the bugs come out around dusk and they love to bite me!!! I haven't done an official count, but I think it's at least 15 with 5 on the back of each thigh alone! We didn't stay very late as Isaiah was starting to fuss and bat at his ears and we were afraid that he was getting bitten too. He had a few little red spots by his ears last night, but they're gone now, so hopefully they won't bother him at all, although I've been scratching all night and all morning! My favorite part of the night was as we were leaving to drive home and I spotted something small crossing the road, but didn't know what it was and Josh yelled, "It's a crab!" This may not be interesting to anyone else, but my family will remember from our first Cayman Island trip the "crab crossing" on the road and this was one of those same kinds of crabs. Josh jumped out of the car to get a picture....
The last thing I have to include today are a couple of "teeth" pictures for my Mom who has been dying to see Isaiah's new collection of teeth. I had to tickle him with one hand and take the picture with the other, so forgive me if they're not very artistic, but here they are.
The infamous "Fang" teeth
There's the 2 middle and the newer one on the right of those 2

Hope all of you have a wonderful Saturday and remember...8 weeks from today we will be in Everett!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009