Monday, July 26, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Isaiah cheesin' while coloring with some sidewalk chalk
(Thanks Aunt Ashley!)


First, I want to apologize for not posting in so long! I've been taking lots of pictures, but it just seems like there is always too much to do while Isaiah is napping! But today, I'm really going to try to get it done!

My boys watching it rain while the power was out

I feel like things are really getting busier here for us. Josh is getting into his studying for finals mode. There are only 4 weeks left in the semester and Josh is getting nervous about his finals. This semester he only has midterm and final exams, so it doesn't leave much room for error if you want to do well. I know he's doing an excellent job, but I think his anxiety helps motivate him to study hard until the semester is officially OVER! Another thing keeping me busy lately is getting prepared to start working. I will start training for my new job on campus next week, which is exciting, but also a little stressful. I've had the pleasure of being a stay-at-home Mom for the last year and I think it's actually going to be harder for me to leave Isaiah and go to work now than it was when he was just a couple of months old! I've got everything set up for him to start preschool at Ross' prep school on campus, so he'll be there 2-3 days a week while I work and also have a little extra time to get the housework and errands done.

Ready for Long's Bday party Saturday
(thanks for the new swim set Aunt Kate!)

Having fun playing in his pool on our porch

Isaiah was sick last week for a few days with a virus we're assuming. He woke up the middle of the night Tuesday night running a fever and that was really his only symptom the whole time. Finally, now since Saturday he has been fever free and back to his silly little self. He's getting to be quite a little comedian lately and constantly seems to be cracking Josh and I up. Last night we were talking about how much we love him and Josh and I both decided that if for some reason we never have anymore children that would be okay....because we've already got the most amazing child we could've asked for!
Elijah eating a popsicle in the bathtub

Isaiah with his popsicle

Hopefully this week things will be a little more back to normal for us since Isaiah is feeling better. I'm hoping we can make a couple trips to the beach and pool and find a few reasons here and there to get out of the house. I'm looking forward to starting work and Isaiah going to school, but I'm realizing that our life is going to get a lot more complicated than it has been! But that's ok....maybe it'll help ease us back into things because in about 16 months we'll be headed back to the U.S. and then things will get really crazy!

The boys LOVED playing with the lawnmowers!
(Thanks Aunt Deana!)

Elijah said, "I'm on Zi-Zayah's bed!"

The boys watching an Elmo video
(Thanks Kate!)

I hope you enjoy the pictures this week. There are several different ones. We babysat Elijah a couple of weeks ago and that's where all the pictures of he and Isaiah are from. They had a great time and we'll have to do it again to give Jason and Jen another date night! I'm hoping it won't be this long again until I post...I know there are several people at home that count on this to keep track of us and see Isaiah! We love you!

Isaiah during his nap the other day--
notice that he's holding a "CYCLE" between his hands while he sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009