Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Big Boy Underwear....well, not quite!

Isaiah Mo-hawked and ready for the Beach Party
on Saturday afternoon

Look how long it's getting on top!

I realized today that I haven't posted for a few days and thought I'd better get to it today! We've been having a pretty low-key week, so there's not much to talk about. Isaiah and I got to spend some time yesterday visiting Kristen and Brody, who just got back from a trip home on Monday. Jessie and Beau and our new friend Allie also came too, so we had a nice visit and the boys had fun fighting over toys! Why do they always have to want the same one when there is a room full of toys? I may never understand it! Then after Isaiah's nap we picked Jessie and Beau up at their place and the 4 of us headed to Rockies for some afternoon beach time. We were supposed to meet some other people there, but their boys napped too late to make it, but Jessie and I had fun with our boys and it was nice to get out and let them play for a bit.

Being silly in his Cookie Monster underwear

Last night, Josh had Bible study and then I encouraged him to go see Eclipse with a friend from school since he hasn't seen it yet and things are likely to get busier in the coming weeks as we approach finals. He decided to go and really enjoyed himself and hopefully some time without worrying about Isaiah and I...just some good time to relax! That meant Isaiah and I were together all day and all evening just the 2 of us! I was worried that neither of us would be happy with each other 'til the end of the night, but we really had a nice evening together! I made us some dinner and then we skyped with Gayah and Pappy Mark and then skyped with Mimi and Pappy McCahan, both of which Isaiah really enjoyed. He loves talking to both of his sets of grandparents about CYCLES which is his current obsession. (He reminds me a bit of his father already!) Then we watched a few Elmo and some other videos on Youtube and Isaiah went to bed without too much trouble. I on the other hand had an awful time trying to get to sleep with Josh not here, so I ended up watching a movie myself until he got home and we could both fall asleep!

Climbing up on the chair...look at the size of that kid!!!

Today was a day at home for Isaiah and I. Josh took the car to school, but is home already and working on his tutoring material for this weeks' sessions. Isaiah just woke up from a 2 hour nap and I'm hoping that's enough to keep us a happy kid for the evening! I decided to try big boy underwear for Isaiah today to see if that would help him figure out when he NEEDS to go to the potty, so that's what the pictures are from. I took him to the potty at 8am and he peed for me, so we put on the big boy underwear to give it a try and I planned on taking him to the potty again at 9:30am. At about 8:40am I realized his underwear were wet and around 8:45am I found the puddle in our bedroom to go along with it. Isaiah never said anything even once he peed on the floor and was walking around with wet pants, so I'm thinking we're not ready for the potty thing yet, but at least we gave it a try to see! I got some cleaning done around the apartment and I'm working on my 3rd load of laundry for the day, so I feel like I accomplished some things during our day at home too! Tonight we are all going to worship team practice together, basically just so I can spend more time with the boys and everyone in worship team loves Isaiah (and Josh too) so they'll basically go along to visit while we practice!

So cute and thoughtful during his nap today

The plan for tomorrow is our weekly morning at the pool with the other Moms and kids and I always pray for good naps on those days since Isaiah gets worn out pretty well! I need to try to get to the grocery store some time soon too! I hope that you all are staying cool at home and hydrating during your heat wave! I think the last couple of days it's been HOTTER in PA than here in St. Kitts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009