Thursday, March 4, 2010

My 26th Birthday and the celebrations...

Friends: Isaiah, Me, Beau, Jessie, Kristen, & Brody

I can't believe that I'm 26! Don't worry...I'm not complaining about being old. I just feel like I was finally getting used to being 25 and it's gone already! The last year has been full of blessings from God and having my birthday yesterday helped me to realize how truly blessed I am in my life! This past year with Isaiah has been incredible and especially since we moved and being able to watch him grow and change everyday has been like a miracle for me! I was remembering last year that on my 25th birthday was when we found out that Josh got accepted to Ross and a year later a lot has definitely changed for us! I think it's mostly for the better! Of course we wish we didn't have to be this far away from our families and friends back home for Josh to get his education, but other than that we've been really lucky. God has definitely provided for us in our move here with a great place to live, a car that runs (most of the time!), and a great group of friends we have for support here, as well as a loving family and group of friends at home that keep us going! So....if this next year is anything like the last one...bring it on!

Big brown eyes

Big man Beau

Smiley Brody

So....on Tuesday Isaiah and I went to campus to hand in my passport so that they can stamp it now that my VISA has been approved and we decided that since we were going to campus anyway we'd meet up with Josh for lunch. We had leftover taco stuff from Monday evening, so we took that along and got to eat lunch with Josh and some of our friends. It was nice to see Josh in the middle of the day and definitely nice for Isaiah to see his Daddy and get a break from being stuck with just Mommy all day long! It was a nice break in the middle of our day and I think Isaiah, Josh, and I all enjoyed it. We might have to start doing it more often!

Happy Zay

Yesterday was of course my birthday and we celebrated by meeting Kristen & Brody, and Jessie & Beau for lunch at the Marriott's Cafe Calypso. It was really nice to get to hang out with them and have lunch. The Marriott is a nice place for us to take the boys since they always have enough high chairs for all of them to use! After lunch we were waiting for our change, but the boys were ready to be out of the high chairs, so we took them out of the waiting area and let them loose! I think the boys had a great time chasing after each other, the Moms had a good time watching the boys have so much fun, and I think the staff and guests enjoyed the entertainment too! We ended up letting them play and run around for over a half hour before we headed home! Isaiah definitely took a good nap for me after all that playing with Brody and Beau!!!

Josh and I at the Beach House for dinner

So nice to have a date night with my hubby!

Josh and the beach

Last night, Josh took me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. Our friends, Erin and Harley brought their son Damon over to our place and babysat Isaiah for us while we headed to the Beach House for dinner. The restaurant was amazing. It was definitely a fine dining experience, right on the water with the most gorgeous furnishings and drapes and lighting. The food was also quite good. Before we got our dinner, our waitress brought us each a little crabcake compliments of the chef, which were really good (I ate both mine and Josh's since he doesn't eat meat). Josh really liked his squash and sweet potato soup and we both enjoyed our pasta entrees. While we waited for our dessert, we took a walk around the grounds and out onto the dock near our table. It was a really pretty night, very quiet, and it was nice to be holding each other looking up at the stars. Josh got the pineapple ravioli for dessert (which was pineapple sorbet sandwiched in between thin slices of grilled pineapple) and I had the chocolate coulant (chocolate cake with fudge inside and served with vanilla ice cream). We both left very full and happy to have had some time to spend together where we could just talk and not be worrying about chasing Isaiah around or picking up his toys as he threw them on the floor! Isaiah had a wonderful evening playing with Damon and didn't even notice we were gone!

The view from our table at the Beach House

Josh with his Squash and Sweet Potato Soup

My Entree: Garlic Shrimp Pasta

Josh's Entree: Penne Oasis

Beautiful views

A view of the restaurant

All in all, I had one of my best birthdays to date. Time with Josh is even more special to me, especially during this semester when it seems like we only see each other in passing! I hope you all enjoy the pictures and I will try to post again soon. The Troutman's are coming for their visit and are arriving on Saturday, so there should be some pictures coming next week of us together during their time here in St. Kitts with us!

Perfect night!

1 comment:

  1. Great work,
    St. Kitts and Nevis will not notify the government of your current citizenship of your second Nevis citizenship.
    shalini

    ReplyDelete

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009