Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby Fever

My boys having fun in the tent!

Yes...it's been baby fever in our house, but not because of me! Isaiah's been running a fever since Wednesday afternoon, so he and I have pretty much been stuck at home for the past few days, so I don't really have anything fun to report with this post. I have taken a lot of pictures of Isaiah (mostly dressed only in a diaper) because it gives us something to do and he loves saying "cheese" for Mommy. He reminds me of Bill and Shellie's kids...they were always ready for picture taking because she did it so much, so I guess I'm following in your footsteps Shell!

Wearing Daddy's glasses

We did get out of the house on Tuesday and went to our friend Kristen's house. Jessie's parents arrived for a visit on Wednesday and she wanted to be able to clean her place before they came, so Kristen and I had all 3 boys (Isaiah, Brody, & Beau) for a couple of hours while Jessie cleaned. When Jessie got back to Kristen's we made lunch together and let the boys play for a bit before we headed home. Isaiah took a pretty good nap for me in the afternoon. After dinner we washed out comforter and because it doesn't dry too well in the dryer, we hung it up in the living room on our dining chairs and let Isaiah play under it like a tent for the evening while Josh and I got a chance to watch a little TV together. Isaiah thought it was the greatest thing, so I have the feeling we'll be doing that again in the future!

Our sleeping sick little man Wednesday night at bedtime

Isaiah seemed okay Wednesday morning, but went down for his nap early before lunch. He woke up and seemed fine and ate a good lunch for me, but after lunch I was holding him and realized he felt really hot! I took his temperature and it was 101.9, so we started with the tylenol. He seems to be perfectly happy most of the time when he has had his motrin or tylenol to keep his fever down and this afternoon, finally he doesn't feel warm after having motrin at about 8am, so I hoping that means NO MORE FEVER! So...we'll see how it goes the rest of the day, but I'm hoping Isaiah feels better tomorrow and we can get OUT of the house!!!

He's turning out to be quite a little ham for the camera!

Josh had 2 exams this past week (one Monday and one Wednesday). He did well on both of them, but as always not quite as well as he would've liked to. He's really been stressing himself out about grades and I told him that he needs to lighten up just a little, otherwise vet school will be all over and he won't have any fun stories to tell! He has an anatomy quiz coming up next week (and possibly a "pop" parasitology quiz as well) so he's already been back at studying to do his best on that to hopefully take a little bit of the stress off of finals if he can do well.

Yes...those are baby Q-tips in his ears!
(He fell in the yard yesterday and whacked his head..as if the fever wasn't bad enough!)

With 4 weeks left until we come home...I CAN'T WAIT! This semester has been particularly stressful with Josh having so much time on campus and even less time at home with Isaiah and I than last semester. We're hoping that next semester will be a little less stressful with Josh having a bit of a lighter schedule in terms of in class time and hopefully a little more time to relax and be with us! We can't wait to get home to see everybody next month. Josh and I are excited to see how much Ella and Lydia have grown and to meet new babies Sydney and Shane for the first time too! We hope we'll have time to visit with everyone while we're in Everett and are looking forward to a break from our new island life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009