Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1 week until My Mom comes to visit!!!

Smiling because he's sandy!

I'm so excited that one week from today my Mom will be here to visit with us for 8 days and to celebrate her Birthday while she's here! I'm very much looking forward to having our first visitor from home to be able to really share what our new life is like here on St. Kitts! Isaiah and I have been keeping busy as usual or trying to anyway! Last weekend, we went to the beach with Jakki, Jim, and Elena, and met up with Jen, Ava, Harley, Damon, Kori, and Emily while we were there! Isaiah and I enjoyed lunch at the beach bar (he ate an entire hotdog, some french fry bites, all of the black beans off my salad, and some of his hot dog roll!). I'm telling you....Isaiah is going to be eating us out of house and home by the time he hits kindergarten and I have the feeling I may have to force him to get a job by the time he's 10 to help pay for groceries!!! We had a good time and the kids enjoyed discovering the paddle boat together! Isaiah also had fun playing with Elena's snorkel gear!

Ava, Damon, and Zay on the paddleboat at Reggae beach

Stealing Elena's fins

On Thursday last week Isaiah and I headed to campus in the afternoon for a meeting and then had about an hour to kill while Josh was at a TA session. I wasn't sure how to keep Isaiah busy, but we decided to head to the prep school and see if we could find something to do! I decided to take Isaiah on the little kid swingset, but we had some issues because the hooks on the baby swing are broken! He played in the little treehouse a bit when I'd lift him up and liked the steering wheel on the wall. He'd twist it back and forth and make his "vroom, vroom" noises! He did enjoy the slide in there, but when he started going for the sandbox I decided we needed a change! They have a huge playplace that the kids can crawl through, so I decided to take Isaiah in to see if there were things he could play at. He ended up having a fantastic time! I could crawl through the stuff with him (although I didn't let him go too high up incase I would get stuck!) and he loved it when I'd chase him through something or run ahead and then he'd have to find me. He's getting to be so much fun to play with these days!!! When I told him we had to get his shoes on and go pick up Daddy he kept running away from me and crawling some more, so I think he had a great time!

Isaiah being silly with 2 hats on!

Friday night, we got Indian takeout and ate at Jakki and Joe's place. It was nice to spend some time with them. With Jakki teaching 5 days a week now Isaiah and I are really missing having her to do things with on the weekdays and I miss just getting to visit with my friend, so it was great to see them and be able to relax and just hang out!

Cutie pie

Josh headed to school on Saturday at 8am and was there pretty much all day. Isaiah and I spent the morning at home, but took a trip to Port after lunch with Jakki to shop for a few things and to visit the ice cream shop at Port! It was nice to get out of the house and do something different than going to the beach or pool and Isaiah was really well behaved in his stroller during the trip! Saturday evening we had our Bible studies since the Superbowl was on Sunday this week. Josh took Isaiah along with him to hang out with the guys. I am really enjoying our women's Bible study going through the book of Daniel. I'm getting more into every week and am really excited to be part of it along with the other ladies who are doing it too!

I'm ready for my closeup Mom!

Sunday we all went to church together. A new professor, Jason Johnson, and his wife, Jennifer came to church and brought their son, Eli, who is 20 months old along with them. He and Isaiah were like two peas in a pod playing with toys, sharing snacks, and running in and out the whole time. I think it'll be really nice for Isaiah to have someone close in age, but a little older than him around and hopefully we'll get to hang out with Eli and Jennifer more as they adjust to their new life here. I invited Jennifer along to our Mommy and Me group that we've been going to the past few weeks, so hopefully the boys will be able to have some fun together this Thursday! Isaiah and I just chilled out the rest of the day and spent a quiet evening here with Josh when he got home from studying at school all day!

Dismantling the obstacle course at the Royal St. Kitts

Yesterday, Isaiah and I went with Kristen and Brody down to Jessie's place at Sealofts and took a dip in the pool. After the pool, we let the kids play and run around in the grassy area up by the ocean. It was a nice day and the breeze by the water was great! We went and got lunch at a new coffee shop just down the street from Jessie's and really liked it! Isaiah had a cheese panini and ate pretty well for having to sit on my lap to eat it! We came back and Isaiah went down for a nap around 1:30 and slept until Josh got home at 5:15!!! I think this cold and teething at the same time is really making him tired lately! He's been asleep now for about an hour and I hope he takes a good nap. He was up for 7 hours before he fell asleep, so he should be tired and in need of some good sleep!

Isaiah running around the grounds at the Royal St. Kitts during
our Mommy and Me time at the Pool

I hope everyone is doing well at home. My Pap, Mack, is set to come home from Pennknoll on Saturday, so I'm excited for him to be back at home where he belongs! Prayers for his transition back to home would be great! I also talked to my Mom this morning and my Aunt Karen is in the hospital for diverticulitis. She's been in a good amount of pain, so prayers for her healing and comfort would be appreciated! We miss you all at home and can't wait to see you again in April! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009