Saturday, January 30, 2010

Busy week!

Isaiah playing with a hose at the VIP cookout

Hey everyone! I can't believe it's been almost a week since I've posted. Isaiah and I seem to be finding much more to do outside the apartment this semester, which has been good. I think things seem to be moving along a lot more quickly, which we like since we're excited for when we'll finally be able to be back in the states with Isaiah in 2 years! I have also been reading the Twilight series since shortly after we got back this semester. I think I read Twilight and New Moon last week and then read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn the end of this week. I read Eclipse from Wednesday to Thursday, started Breaking Dawn Thursday night and finished it last night! I got through 630 pages yesterday!!! They were really great books with a really great ending and now I'm kind of sad that I'm done! :( I was starting to neglect my duties around the house (dishes, laundry, etc) so I'm sure Josh will be happy to put me back to work now. He was very supportive though of me reading and having a little time for myself. He also read the books and knew that I would love them, so I think he was glad that I finally got the chance to! Anyway...so that's part of the reason why I haven't posted this week!

Isaiah hanging out at the Royal St. Kitts pool on Thursday

Let's see...where to begin. On Monday, Kristen, Brody, Isaiah, and I went to Jessie's to visit with her, Beau, and her sister Abbey who is visiting from home. I think Kristen and Jessie got to have a nice visit while I spent most of the time chasing Isaiah around the lawn!!! He's definitely 'on the go' these days and sometimes hard to keep up with! Monday afternoon, Josh went and got 2 new tires put on the car...continuing our quest to put Dorothy back together again! On Tuesday, Isaiah and I just hung out at home. They had a public election on Monday with the results announced early Tuesday morning and it was also a public holiday. We'd heard some stories about how crazy it would be, so we just decided to stay in and stay out of any messes! Isaiah and I had a nice day and it was a nice change to just be here all day!

One of the Royal St. Kitts pools and a view of the rooms

On Wednesday, Isaiah and I took the car to get the tires realigned. The guy at 'Wheels and Brakes' was really nice and took care of it for us in less than a 1/2 hour. Isaiah was well behaved and let me hold him the whole time we were there too. We stopped and got a few groceries on our way home and Isaiah fell asleep in the car. Once Isaiah woke up, we got lunch and headed to a nearby apartment complex for the VIP cookout to spend some time with other spouses. Isaiah, Beau, and Damon were the only kids there, but Isaiah and Damon enjoyed chasing each other around quite a bit! We got to spend some time in the pool and Isaiah got to burn off lots of energy! I went to the community choir practice on Wednesday nights driving the carpool and picking up our friends Long and Jakki on the way! I'm really enjoying choir...it's definitely nice to be singing again!

The Mommy crew with their baby boys:
Isaiah & Me, Kristen & Brody, and Jessie & Beau

Thursday, we went to the Royal St. Kitts hotel where we heard a group of Mom's were meeting up for a weekly get together. It was really nice. The activity for the day was hanging out at the pool there and we got to meet Carla, whose family runs the resort. She was amazing and invited to go use their pool anytime and also told me that I could take the stroller down and take Isaiah for walks if I wanted to through the grounds, which is great since I haven't found a good place to take him for walks! Thursday evening, Isaiah and I headed to Jakki and Joe's for worship team practice and pizza for dinner before. Rehearsal was good and Isaiah behaved very well, although he got tired by the end. He actually fell asleep in the car on the way home around 7:30 and slept until 6:45 on Friday morning!

Isaiah ready to head to see Jen and Ava

Yesterday we just chilled here. I had an alto section rehearsal for community choir at 5 and was only gone for about an hour. We had dinner, Skyped a little bit and put Isaiah to sleep around 9:30. I stayed up to finish reading Breaking Dawn (which I LOVED...have I mentioned that?). Josh headed to school this morning around 8:30 and plans to leave there around 5. We went with Jakki to hang out with Jen and Ava for a few hours today which was fun. We don't get to see them as much because Jakki and Jen both work at the prep school on Ross' campus. When Josh gets home, we're planning to head back to Jason and Jen's for a cook out for Elena who is taking a leave of absence for the semester to go home and spend time with her fiance, Jim before their wedding in May and then she's going to come back to us! That about wraps it up. I'll try to be a little better with my posting this week since I won't have my nose stuck in any books! Love to all at home! We miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009