Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bye Bye Momma :(

Goofball!

So we've had a wonderful time this past week while my Mom has been here! I have loved having another little piece of my heart from home here with me and Isaiah has been loving having his Mimi here to play with! I have a ton of pictures on this blog because I was trying to take a lot to document our time while Mom was here, so I'll include some details of our week and hope you enjoy the pictures!

Thursday evening, Josh decided to take the evening off and we took Mom out to dinner for Italian food at Ciao!

Isaiah playing peek-a-boo with his napkin

Mom and Josh

Me and my Momma

On Friday, we decided to meet up with some friends at the pool at Frigate Bay. Mom and I headed over with Isaiah and met up with Jennifer and Elijah (Isaiah's newest play buddy!) and then Kristen and Brody also joined us. It was fun for Mom to get to meet and spend time with some of our friends while she was here and we had a nice relaxing time at the pool. Isaiah was getting tired, so we only stayed for a little while and headed home for lunch and spent a lazy afternoon hanging around the apartment attempting to get Isaiah to take a nap!

Silly boy

On Saturday I took Mom down to Port Zante to do a little shopping. Mom wanted a St. Kitts T-shirt and we found her a really pretty purple one! She also bought St. Kitts hats for Isaiah, Ella, and Lydia which should be cute if they all wear them in Ocean City this summer! Isaiah's is a really cute yellow bucket hat with turtles and dolphins on the side. There was only one small cruise ship in port, so it wasn't very busy and we had a really nice time just chatting and shopping around. I bought Josh a new pair of shorts and I got a couple of cover-up dresses to wear when we go to the beach/pool. We came home from port and got ready for the beach and met my friends, Jakki and Emily, at Rituals (a new coffee shop type restaurant in Frigate Bay) for lunch. After we had lunch, we went to the Marriott beach again for a little relaxation. We had a nice time there for a couple of hours and then headed home to get cleaned up before dinner. We went to Jakki and Joe's for a BBQ with some church friends and had a really nice evening.

Elijah and Isaiah playing at Jakki and Joe's on Saturday

On Sunday, we all went to church together. Mom was really impressed with our church group and really liked the sermon. Since before we came to St. Kitts our church group has been watching sermons by Ben Stuart from Breakaway Ministries and we've really been enjoying what he has to say! When we got home from church, Mom wasn't feeling well and we think she had a low-grade fever, so she decided to stay home and sleep while Isaiah and I went to the beach. Isaiah took a nap after church and when he woke up we went to Reggae with Jakki and met up with Erin, Harley, & Damon and shortly after we got there Jen, Jason, & Ava also showed up. When we got home, Mom was feeling better and had even cleaned up the apartment! We hosted Bible study at our place and had a nice time in fellowship together and in our study.

Isaiah in his new hat and ready for the beach!

Isaiah and Ava playing at Reggae

Damon's best "Cheese"

Then Isaiah gave me a good "cheese" too!

On Monday morning, Mom went with Isaiah and I to run some errands. Our toilet seat had cracked over the weekend, so Mom got to go with me to our local "hardware" store type place (which people tell me is the closest thing to a Wal-Mart we have and let me tell you....I don't think it's close at all!) and we did find a toilet seat! Then we made a quick stop at the grocery store to get a few essentials. We headed down again to the Marriott beach after we ate some lunch. Jessie and Beau and Kristen and Brody came for a little bit, which was fun. Isaiah ended up falling asleep on my chest at the beach, so Mom and I both got to take a little afternoon nap, which was really nice! We came home and made a nice dinner and then Mom went with me to my choir rehearsal. She really enjoyed it and even sang along a little bit. It was nice for me to have her there and it was nice for her to get to see what I've been spending my Monday nights doing since January!

Isaiah giving Beau kisses on his head

Sandy Goatee

Yesterday we got ready after breakfast and headed out to Reggae beach for the day. It was a gorgeous day and Reggae was the PERFECT place to spend Mom's last full day here with us. Isaiah was pretty well behaved and spent most of the morning playing in the sand between our chairs. We all took a dip in the cool water, which felt great because it's been SO HOT for the past 2 weeks! When we got out of the water, I wrapped Isaiah in a towel and he fell asleep on my within about 2 minutes. He slept for almost 2 hours and Mom and I again got to just relax, talk, and enjoy the beautiful scenery around us. When Isaiah woke up, we headed to the beach bar/restaurant and ordered some lunch. Isaiah was a little impatient because his crunchies kept blowing off his tray, but once his food arrived he was a happy boy! We came home, got cleaned up, and I put together stuffed shells for dinner. We then headed to Ross and walked down the 'Stairway to the Sea' to look for some shells for Mom to take home. It was definitely worth the steep walk through the trees to get to the ocean as it washes up on the pretty rocks. We spent a little time there taking in the views and then headed up to meet Josh and head home.
Trying to pull the umbrella out of the ground!

Sleeping on Mommy at Reggae

The view from our beach chairs

Isaiah's new sandals from his Grammy Lynne


Goofing around waiting for our food

Mimi and Isaiah at lunch


When we got up today, we got ready after breakfast and headed down to the Marriott to swim in the pool for a little bit. Isaiah was getting fussy, so we didn't stay too long. We came home, got showered, ate some lunch, and Mom finished packing. We left here and went to Port and I took Mom to Scoops which is a little place where they sell homemade ice cream. Then we drove to the airport. Isaiah fell asleep in the car and slept through getting him out of the carseat and putting him in the stroller and slept the entire time in the airport. We waited with Mom while she checked her bags and paid her departure tax and then said good-bye before she headed up the stairs to security. I cried the whole way home. I felt a little more whole having her here with me the past week and she definitely took part of my heart back to PA with her. She should be in San Juan now and I'm just praying that she makes it all the way home without any problems!

Even though Mom went home today, I think she'll be back soon to visit her new man!

Isaiah sleeping in his stroller at the Airport

Hope you enjoy the pictures and are having a great week! Love to all at home! We miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great pictures! I especially love the one of you and your mom. It was sooooo great to meet her too!!! Tell her to come back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009