Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mom's visit so far...

Mimi and Isaiah on the catamaran


So....my Mom arrived on Tuesday afternoon without any trouble getting here. Isaiah and I got to the airport, I got him in the stroller, and we headed up to meet her. We only had to wait about 10 minutes and there she was!!! We came back to our place for her to unpack and then headed out to get groceries and pick Josh up at school. We came back to our apartment and made some dinner and just hung out. Mom was pretty wiped out from her day of traveling, but Isaiah wasn't ready for bed. Mom and Josh went to sleep, but I was up with Isaiah until 11:30pm when he finally decided he was sleepy enough!!!

Our Catamaran "Falcon"

Yesterday we got to celebrate Mom's birthday with a catamaran trip!!! Mom, Isaiah, and I left Port Zante at 10am on a 4 hour snorkel trip up the coast. We got to take a dip in the water and Mom and I took turns with Isaiah, so we each got to snorkel a little bit, but we spent most of our 4 hours just being thankful to be spending the day together out on the beautiful blue-green water of the Caribbean! Isaiah took a little nap on the way out and after our snorkel stop, we had a light lunch on the boat. On the trip back to port we spent a good part of it out on the nets on the front of the catamaran. Isaiah liked looking through the net to see the water passing underneath us and once when I decided to tickle him, he opened his mouth to laugh and we lost a binky in the ocean!!! We had a wonderful time and it was a gorgeous day! It would've been completely perfect if Josh could've joined us!

Isaiah ready to swim in the floaty from his Grammy and swimmies from his Mimi

Last night Mom went to worship practice with Isaiah and I while Josh studied at school. Alexa made dinner for everyone before practice and it was delicious! We had a good practice, although I was a little nervous since it was my first time picking the songs and leading them, but I think we did all right. Hopefully everything will go well for us on Sunday!!!

A view of Nevis from our catamaran

Today, Mom and I took Isaiah to the beach at the Marriott. We such a great day! We spent some time lounging on the beach and watching Isaiah run around, spent some time with Isaiah in the ocean and then Mom and I got to relax while Isaiah took a 2 hour nap on my lap! When he finally woke up at almost 2:00, we headed to the Pizza Shak and got some pizza and tropical smoothies for lunch! Now we're home and have had our showers and are now relaxing in the cold A/C. Mom is taking a nap and Josh just got home from school, so we're going to relax a bit and then we're taking Mom out to dinner at an Italian place we really like! Josh is taking the evening off, so we're all looking forward to spending some time together.

Mimi and Isaiah at the Pizza Shak

I'm loving having Mom here with me and Isaiah is definitely loving the extra attention from his Mimi! It took him about 3 hours on Tuesday when she first got here to make up with her and now they're best buddies! I'll try to post some more pictures of her visit very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009