Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lazy Sunday afternoon

Well...I meant to post sooner than this, but we've been quite busy the last few days! Isaiah and I have been getting out a lot more this semester during the week with friends, which is really helping pass the time more quickly and is much more enjoyable for both of us! Our friend, Elena, is taking a leave of absence for the rest of the semester to go home and be with her fiance before their wedding in May, so while she's here tying up loose ends, we've been getting to spend a lot of time with her, which has been fun! On Wednesday, we met Elena, Jessie, and Beau at the Marriott Pool to hang out. The boys both loved the little fountains they have in the shallow section of the pool and Isaiah spent most of the day chasing other kids around and running from place to place leaving me in the dust trying to run after him! After some pool time, we got lunch at the Pizza Shak and ate there before heading home. Isaiah was pretty worn out and fell asleep on the way home and slept for over 2 hours!

Beautiful Boy!

Wednesday evening, Isaiah and I headed to Jakki and Joe's for Worship team practice. We went a little early and Emily brought Pizza for everyone, so we got a little time to relax and fellowship with one another before practice started, which was nice. We sang some new songs that our friend, Long, picked out and I really liked them! Josh stayed at school to try to get ahead in some of his classes, so Isaiah and I went and picked him up at school when we finished practice. Isaiah was actually really good during practice just exploring and playing with his toys! The plan for now is for Isaiah to go with me to worship team practice since Josh has been watching him on Monday nights when I go to my other choir rehearsal and I think that will work out just fine!

"Cheese"

On Thursday, we were planning on going to the beach or pool with Elena and meeting up with Harley and Damon, but our plans didn't work out. Isaiah was up early and took his nap in the morning and Damon is an afternoon napper, so the boys' schedules threw a kink in our plans. It was a really cloudy day here though anyway, so we weren't too upset we didn't hit the beach! Isaiah and I just spent the day here. Isaiah has gotten really cute with entertaining himself and playing alone at times and on Thursday when we were home he did a few really cute things. First with his carseat, he somehow laid it down and when I looked up to see what he was doing, he was lounging in it like it was his little baby man recliner! It was so sweet and I started laughing and then he thought it was funny that I was laughing and I got some cute pics!

Relaxing in his makeshift baby recliner!

The second was in the afternoon and he was just walking all around and playing with different toys and picked up the stethoscope from the medical kit his Grammy Lynne got him or Christmas. I looked up from reading my book and he was just walking around the living room in his diaper with the stethoscope around his neck and he was just so adorable! He's also learning what "say cheese" means when I get out the camera and I actually get some smiles now without having to work SO hard!

Do I see a future doctor or veterinarian?

On Friday, we headed to the Marriott with Elena to the beach and met up with Jessie and Beau again. Jessie's sister, Abby also joined us since she's visiting with Jessie for the next couple of weeks. We had a lot of fun, but I didn't really feel very relaxed at the beach! Isaiah was going crazy walking all around and being nosy looking at all the people around us! I spent the whole time we were there chasing him around. He really liked the place at the edge of the beach where you can wash your feet and when I would turn it on, he'd pick up one foot at a time and put it under the water! It's so funny to see him learning so much without having to be taught! He just picks things up that he sees people too and he's learning so quickly now! Friday evening we had a quiet evening at home. Isaiah and I spent some time out in the yard with our neighbor Matt and his dog, Shelby. Isaiah loves to follow her around and chase her when she decides to play with him. We hung out there until Josh got home from school around 5:30 and came in and had dinner. We skyped a little in the evening and were in bed by 9pm. We're just crazy party people on a Friday night!

Playing in the sand at the Marriott beach

Yesterday, Isaiah and I were home in the morning and Josh left around 9:15 to head to school for the day to study. Isaiah and I went with Elena, Jen, and Ava to the beach yesterday afternoon. We went to Shipwreck's where they have some black sand and Isaiah was pretty much covered from head to toe. I'm telling you...this kid does not care if there is sand in his eyes...he's just happy as a clam! He kept hugging Ava and she'd get mad and cry because he got her all sandy and Jen would have to clean her off. He looked so bewildered everytime like, "What did I do? I just wanted to hug you!" Apparantly, Ava shares my aversion for the sand and Isaiah obviously does not! We had a nice time at the beach anyway, although I think I sat down for a total of 3 minutes the entire time we were there! Isaiah kept running straight into the ocean or taking off down the beach. Oh well...at least he had a great time!

Covered in sand at Shipwreck's

Last night, I got to go out to dinner for a girls' night out with Elena, Kristen, Autum, and Erin. We went to PJ's which has mainly italian food and it was really good. I had a nice time with all the girls since I don't get to see them very much! Josh was gracious enough to spend the evening at home with Isaiah and Isaiah was sleeping by the time I got home around 9pm. Josh and I watched a couple of Friends episodes on line together and then went to bed too.

He didn't care at all that there was sand all over his face!

We went to church this morning and then Josh headed off to school around 11:30. We aren't going to the beach today because Isaiah is taking a little later nap than usual and would make us really late getting back from the beach. Our church group is having 2 Bible studies this semester, one for women and one for men. I think we're going to try to go as much as we can, at least to start. I'm going to take Isaiah with me tonight to the women's Bible study and we might switch off who takes Isaiah along, but we'll see how it goes. I'm excited that we're getting more involved and hoping it will be fun and help us both grow in friendships with our church family and also grow in our relationship with Christ.

Look at all those teeth on the top!

That brings us up to speed. I thought I had a lot of cute pictures, so I had trouble choosing which ones to post today! I hope everyone is doing well at home. We miss you and can't wait to see you again. Let us know anytime you want to set up a Skype date! I'll try to write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009