Tuesday, January 19, 2010

...getting better


Now that we're a few days removed from the car burning fiasco I think we're finally starting to get back to feeling a little more normal! They towed our car to the garage yesterday and were able to fix all the wiring. It is hopefully getting realigned this morning and then we can pick it up. The mechanic didn't have any luck locating a replacement window for us, so I guess for now we'll be driving around without one until I can make calls to whoever I can get contact info. for and hopefully find a window! Ugh....nothing is ever easy on this island I have definitely learned in the short time we have lived here so far! I am happy to be getting the car back and that the repairs weren't as expensive as we had originally feared, although a little more expensive than our original estimate from the mechanic.

Isaiah after lunch on Sunday--COVERED in Ketchup!

We did get to go to the beach on Saturday afternoon as Jakki so graciously agreed to pick us up and take us with her. We went to the beach at the Marriott and I've uploaded some of the pictures to include them here. It was definitely nice to have Josh at the beach with us and I had forgotten how stressFUL it is to take Isaiah to the beach at times! Josh was studying and reading at first which left me in charge and now that Isaiah's walking, there is no use in trying to get him to stay put anywhere! So, we basically end up just following him all over the beach as he walks around and says hello to everyone around. He is so very nosy just like his father and can't leave anyone alone, always having to see what they're up to! Anyway....he doesn't share my aversion for sand, as you can see in the pictures, which makes it even more difficult for me to take him to the beach! He usually has such fun though, and I do too, so it's always worth it in the end. He's also usually very tired afterward, as am I, so at least we usually get really good naps out of him on beach days!

I swear...he dove face first into the sand without batting an eyelash!

Sunday was kind of a wash here because it rained almost all day! I've never seen it so overcast here and we got so much rain.....lucky for us we were also without a car window when all the rain hit and no way to be able to cover it up, thanks to the damage! (UGH again!) We went to church on Sunday morning...Kristen was nice enough to come pick us up and bring us home afterwards. Josh went to school then for a few hours hitching a ride with Lori and Jakki came over to our place to watch a movie since it was rainy out. We had been hoping to go hang out with Jen at their pool, but couldn't because of the rain! Hopefully this weekend will be better and we can hang out a little more! We had a nice time and Josh wasn't late getting home....I almost didn't remember how much more time he had to spend with us at the beginning of the semester! It's been a nice surprise. He'd probably actually have even more time at home, but he's had several "extra" lectures they added to be able to cover some extra material in class, which was taken up even more of his time! He's already studying for several hours during the day and it's nice when he comes home at dinner time that he just takes those few hours off to spend with us!

He wore Josh out with wanting to be in the water!!!
(He's just like his Mama that way!)

Yesterday was an interesting day. The guy came to look at the car and told me that they could fix it and then came back a few hours later to tow poor Dorothy away. Isaiah and I rode with Jessie to Ross then (she needed to turn in some daycare paperwork for her son, Beau, and I needed to get my paperwork to renew my VISA) and I was glad to have a reason to get Isaiah and I out of the house. It ended up only taking each of us a few minutes, so we each spent lunch with our husbands at school. It was so nice to see Josh for a little bit in the middle of the day. I'm thinking once the car is back in working order maybe Isaiah and I will start making it a weekly ritual to go eat lunch with Josh once a week!

We undressed him to take him to shower off and then he dove for the sand AGAIN!

Josh got home around 5:30 as usual and Isaiah was napping, so we got to make dinner together. It was a lot less stressful to cook without Isaiah being underfoot, which was a nice change for both of us! I went to choir rehearsal at 7:15 with Jakki, who picked me up. (I've joined a local choir--The Saint Christopher Chorale Society choir and am really enjoying it so far!) Practice was good....a little long, but good. It's so nice for me to be singing some challenging music again and also nice for me to get out of the house and do something for me that I like to do! I also like that Josh and Isaiah get some male bonding time and Isaiah seems to do fine with me gone and being at home with Josh. Both last week and last night when I got home from rehearsal between 9:45 and 10pm, Isaiah has already been asleep! Josh doesn't seem to mind having a little extra time with his favorite little man either!

Isaiah watching Elmo's Ducks

I think that gets us all caught up. I'm hopefully picking up the car this afternoon and then I guess my search will begin to try to find a new window for the bluebird. (Anyone with any ideas on where I might look, I'd appreciate the input!) I might even send Josh to a junkyard to see if we can find one there, or who knows...maybe I'll end up going to a junkyard! I hope you enjoy the video I took on Sunday afternoon of Isaiah watching an Elmo video on youtube.com titled "Elmo's ducks." It's his favorite and he's just so cute and gets so excited while he watches it. I hope everyone is well at home! We miss you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009