Sunday, December 6, 2009

Isaiah is 1!!!


Playing peek-a-boo with Mommy from inside the closet!

Isaiah at Caribelle Batik on Friday

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get pictures from Isaiah's party pictures posted. I was having a little issue yesterday getting the pictures to post and again with Isaiah only taking one short nap per day, it's been a little tricky to get things uploaded and setup! We had a wonderful time at Isaiah's 1st birthday party on Saturday afternoon! Josh stayed home on Saturday and just studied at our place for a few hours, but was a HUGE help to me getting things ready. We had a cookout in our backyard with friends for Isaiah's birthday. We had about 25 people all together and I think it turned out to be really nice. It was cooling down after a warm day with a cool breeze and I think everyone enjoyed the chance to relax and hangout. We had some food and everybody brought something to throw on the grill and of course, a birthday cake for the special day! Josh made a vegan 2 layer cake from scratch for Isaiah and it was delicious!!! It was so nice to know that we have so many people here who care about us and love our son! Isaiah of course had a wonderful time chasing Ava and Damon around the yard and I think all the kids had a good time! Isaiah even got a few presents, which were very much appreciated, and has been enjoying them for the past couple of days!

Family Photo with Isaiah's cake
"What's the catch? You're not just going to let me make a mess are you Mom?"

Not so shy about digging in anymore!

Yesterday, we went to church as usual in the morning and then Josh headed off to school to study from about 10:30am-6pm. Isaiah, Jakki, and I went to Shipwreck's beach and met Melissa, who I used to work with at the medical center. She was with her parents on a cruise and we decided to meet up when they stopped in St. Kitts yesterday! It was nice to see a familiar face from home and the beach and cool water was wonderful and refreshing! I'll post some pictures from our beach trip on my next post! Then before we left, we met up with Keith (who sang in our quartet with us last week) and he and Jakki had a little lunch at the restaurant there before we headed home. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon which was much needed after a busy week! I know I don't have any exams to take, but I feel like I'm stressed out from worrying about Josh's stress! I have complete confidence in him though...he's going to rock finals!

Damon and Isaiah making each other laugh

Isaiah with Jakki and Kori


This morning when I woke up, I was so excited. Now we are less than 2 weeks from leaving the island to come home for Christmas and that seems SO much more exciting than 2 or 3 weeks like the past couple of weeks! Now I can say that we'll be flying out NEXT FRIDAY! I'm really excited to come home and also excited to have some time to relax with my husband again! I know once we get back he'll be right back into the swing of things and studying again and we'll feel like we barely get any quality time together, so I'm hoping we can really enjoy the few weeks we have at home, not only getting to spend time together with family and friends, but getting to spend time together as well!

Isaiah playing ball with Kori and Emily

Opening his present from the Chins and Mortons with a little help from Daddy

I hope everyone is doing well at home! We are really missing everyone and are so excited for you all to see Isaiah and the little man he's becoming! We'll see you all soon....11 days! :)

Isaiah and Ottley watching it rain outside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009