Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our last week of our 1st semester!

Isaiah relaxing at the beach
(with the Atlantic Ocean and views of St. Kitts behind)

So....now we're at only 5 days until we get on a plane to head home to good 'ol PA and I don't think we could be more excited! Josh isn't too excited yet because he's too busy stressing about his 4 finals yet to take this week, but I have complete confidence that he's going to do great! He's convinced himself that he needs to get all A's this semester and that's why he's so worried about his exams. He definitely will pass for the semester and that is what I think is most important, although he won't listen to me at this point! I'm just ready for his exams to be over, so that he can finally relax and recharge a bit over Christmas! I think his brain and his nerves just need some time off!!!

Big Brown Eyes

Enjoying some lobster

We've been doing well the past few days. I'm not even sure when I last got to post something, but I know it's been a while! We've been trying to keep busy and I've been trying to start packing a little each day, although now I'm to the point where I can't do much else until we're ready to leave. This week though I think I'll try to keep busy with getting all the laundry done (so we have enough undergarments to bring home!) and cleaning this place up....I don't want to come home to a dirty house when we get back here after break! I'm just hoping that I can occupy my time while still getting Isaiah out and about a little bit. With only taking one nap a day now most days, I think he gets a little bored just being stuck at home with Mom!

At the Beach at the Marriott Sunday afternoon

Some of the pictures I took one day this week when I thought Isaiah was just looking so cute and the others I took earlier today. We went to the pool with Jakki yesterday and had a nice time, although not much relaxing for me! Isaiah was walking everywhere and wanted to explore, so I basically followed him around everywhere the whole time! Today, we went to the beach at the Marriott with Jakki while both of the husbands were busy studying. Jakki's husband, Josiah, will have his last set of block exams (where he has exams for all classes the same day) tomorrow and then be finished with his vet prep semester and Josh was of course studying for all of his finals ahead this week! We had a nice time at the beach and were joined by Jake and Long (2 fellow VIP's whose wives are in Josh's vet class). It was nice to spend some time with them and I think everyone is excited for a trip home for the holidays, as well as some relaxing time to spend with our respective spouses!

Putting on my bathing suit all by himself!

Things are going well here. I finally feel like we're settling into our "new life" here in St. Kitts. It's still very different from home, but it's getting easier to live here each week! That doesn't mean we want to stay....we're very ready for some time at home with friends and family and can't wait to celebrate the holidays (as well as a belated birthday for Isaiah) when we get home! I'll try to post again later this week. We leave here at 3:20 pm on Friday, go to San Juan and are there for a 4 hour layover, then head to Philadelphia where we are supposed to arrive at 11:30pm and Kevin and Sara will be picking us up and driving us to Everett after we make it through customs! We can't wait to have a nice Christmas at home with all of you and this year we will truly realize what a blessed Christmas it is to spend it with the ones we love! Hope you all enjoy the video I took of Isaiah one day last week....he's so smart and we're amazed how he knows what we're talking about even though he doesn't have the words to talk about it himself yet! See you soon! :)

Babbling Baby Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009