Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Play time

Elijah and Isaiah smiling and having fun last Wednesday night

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Nothing has seemed very interesting in comparison to all of our Halloween festivities! We haven't had much going on...Josh has been studying, I've been working, Isaiah's been going to school, and Isaiah and I have had a few trips to the beach and pool in the last week and a half. Josh has had a few more tests and quizzes and continues to do great! He's really pushing for a 4.0 this semester and so far, he is well on his way to accomplishing that goal! I am so proud of how hard he works and how dedicated he is to becoming a great vet!

Eli smiling as the boys played

We built them a fort on the couch to play in
Isaiah ready for the beach and watching Backyardigans while Mommy got ready
Look how long he is!!!

We're all getting very excited for our upcoming break. Isaiah and I will be headed back to PA in just 24 days and Josh will follow us just 12 days later. I'm so looking forward to some extra time and home and I'm definitely not sorry to be missing finals time here on the island!!! We (Isaiah and I) are usually going stir crazy with not much to do since Josh studies all day, sometimes comes home for dinner, and then studies until bedtime! Hopefully us being out of his way will help him get things done and also keep Isaiah and I happy with things to do and people to visit in Everett! Isaiah doesn't totally understand what is going on yet or what is going to happen in a few weeks, but we've been explaining to him that he will be going on an airplane and will get to see everyone very soon, so hopefully as it's happening he will know and understand what's going on.

Cheese!

Showing me the "White one"

Coloring me a picture

Running in the grass

That's about it for us. One of co-workers has had a friend visiting this past week, so I got to work an extra shift on Monday, which was great. Josh got to go to a welcome reception for the West Indies Annual Veterinary Conference which Ross hosts every year and is happening this week on St. Kitts. Josh got to go, since he is the treasurer and part of the Executive Board of SAAVMA, which is the vet school equivalent of student government. At his reception on Sunday night, he found out that Dr. Dutra (his mentor and the vet he worked with in Pittsburgh) is here for the conference and some vacation time too, so we are hoping to get together with her for dinner once or twice while we are here. Also as part of the conference, Ross hosts an alumni reception at Brimstone Hill Fortress, which Josh and I will be attending Friday evening and there are supposed to be Fireworks!!! I'm really excited! :) It will also be nice to have a date night with my husband!

Beautiful baby boy

Watching for the motion light to turn on (his new favorite thing!)

Eating his popsicle and watching the cars go by

Smiling for Mommy

Showing me his popsicle
(And he loves his new chair Mimi!)

Our church is having a Thanksgiving dinner again this year, so I'm helping coordinate what people are bringing and also volunteered to help with decorations. Instead of having it at the resort where we usually have church, this year we are having at the fancier Golf Course Clubhouse, so that will be really nice. We have a lot more people coming to church this semester than in the past, so I think it will be a HUGE dinner and will be nice for us to spend time with our St. Kitts family!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Where did you get the I love St. Kitts t-shirt? I need one... or two or three! ha ha
    2. I love Isaiah's chair!
    3. Your child is growing like a weed. I just saw him a week ago and he already looks older!!!

    See you guys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah is so cute! Love the shirt!
    I am super excited for American Thanksgiving! (a bonus Turkey day for us Canadians) See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009