Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to School

My boys on the mountain overlooking both oceans

Hey everyone! Sorry that it's been a while since I've posted, but we have been busy enjoying a BREAK from the craziness of vet school! Lynne was here to visit for the first week of break and the 2nd week was spent as quality family time taking some trips to the beach and lots of family naps! We really enjoyed the break, although we definitely missed being home. Staying here for a break has us really looking forward to Christmas break when we'll get to be back home again! Josh did great on his 3rd semester ending up on the Dean's list once again. He's doing such a great job and I am so proud of him and really excited that all of his hard work has been paying off!
Josh, Isaiah, and Lynne in the Atlantic Ocean at the Marriott's beach

The Henry's at Caribelle Batik

Josh, Isaiah, and Lynne at Caribelle Batik

While Lynne was here we did some sightseeing, but mostly relaxed at the beach with her. Isaiah LOVED getting to see his Gaya as soon as he woke up in the mornings and he really liked reading books with her! Josh and I loved having her here as well. It was so nice that she could visit while Josh was on break from school, so we all could spend time together. Isaiah has also enjoyed getting time with his Daddy everyday over the break. It will be interesting to see how much he misses his Daddy now that Josh is back to school this week.

Isaiah and Damon riding together on the cycle

Posing and playing dressup on the cycle!

"CHEESE!"

The big news for us this week is that Isaiah is currently at his first day of preschool today!!! He was superexcited to go into his room this morning and see his friend, Damon! I was worried he wouldn't behave or have a tough time, but it seems like he's doing quite well so far. I stayed for about a 1/2 hour this morning and then have checked back in on him a few times (just peeking through the door, so I don't interrupt him) and he's been doing well. The teachers have reassured me that he'll be fine and I don't doubt that. I did cry once today as he walked down the hall with the other kids and holding hands with one of his teachers out to the playground....he just looked so grown up!!! I can't believe how quickly the time is flying by and that does make me sad sometimes. My baby isn't a baby anymore. :( I'll be picking him up from school at 3pm and I think we're going to play on the playground for a bit until Josh is done with class at 4. I'm sure it'll be nice to see my little man after having a whole day without him!

Dressed and ready in his Prep School t-shirt

He was SO EXCITED about his "pack pack"

My boys on their first day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009