Friday, August 5, 2011

Fun with Friends!



Best buds



About a minute after washing off in the ocean, Isaiah fell and looked like this!

This may be my last blog post from St. Kitts......we'll see how crazy things get next week as I try to pack up 2 years of our lives to head back home. I got 2 suitcases of things packed yesterday, which made me feel like I got something accomplished. We are hosting a Mexican Fiesta party tomorrow evening as a sort of good-bye to our island family and all the people who have been so supportive of our lives here. It should be fun, but my hope for some of these "lasts" is just that I don't break down and cry and look like an idiot. While we are very excited to get home and spend some much needed time with our families, we have to first leave our second family here in St. Kitts which, I'm afraid will be no easy task. I feel like we will never make friends so quickly and closely as we have in our situation, because this is place is one of the only places that other students/spouses, etc. know exactly what you're feeling because they're miles and miles away from their families and homes and everything they've ever known too. We have been completely blessed in living here, by the people God has put in our lives and even though at times it was more difficult than we would've liked, I wouldn't have it any other way. So--St. Kitts family that may be reading this....know that we will always miss you and hope to see you again!!!

Eli, Isaiah, and Jen

Sailboat picture from Shipwreck

The boys driving the diggers and trucks on the sand road made by Jen!

Trying to catch some rain in his "scooper"

Last week, we went to Shipwreck beach with Jen and Eli and a few other VIP ladies. The boys had a great time and did really well playing together. It was actually a little relaxing to get to sit on the beach while the boys played and kept each other busy! We did a lot of swimming to the dock and also took a walk down the beach which the boys really enjoyed.


While I was checking my email, Isaiah hid himself in a shelf!

He put himself to sleep on my pillow....so sweet!

The next week (on Wed.) we woke up and I got Isaiah's lunch ready for school and when I sat down on the couch to cuddle a little bit, I realized that Isaiah had a fever. So....I didn't go to work and Isaiah didn't go to school that day. That is also the reason I didn't get to post last Friday....Isaiah had a fever for 6 days and was completely miserable for at least 3 or 4 of them. We took him to the doctor the very next day and got some meds, but it really took him a long time to kick it. He just went back to school on Wed. (2 days ago) and still has a little cough left, but is feeling much better for the most part. He also was kind enough to share his illness with his father and I. I've been feeling rotten since Monday and am starting to feel better except I woke up this morning and have one ear that is plugged up. The school nurse thinks it is just Swimmer's Ear, so hopefully with some drops that will mend itself soon!

Eli and Isaiah pretending in the Marriott golf cart

Cool rider

Yesterday, after our normal Thursday pool day with the other Moms and kids, Jen and Eli took us to lunch at the Marriott. They are leaving on Monday to head home to a vet conference and a camping trip and won't return to St. Kitts until Isaiah and I are gone, so Sunday will probably be our last chance to see them and it was very nice to get a little extra time to hang out! The boys behaved pretty well at lunch and then had a great time exploring all the fun things at the Marriott on our walk back to the cars and Isaiah took the best nap he's had in a few weeks!


Cheese by the fountain


Eli's turn

Last night, we were set to keep Beau while Jessie and Andrew went out for a work dinner and since the Johnsons (Jason, Jen, and Eli) are headed home soon and also have to move this weekend to a new apartment, I offered for them to bring Eli along and play with Isaiah and Beau. We had dinner for all the boys, some playtime, fun in the tub with some popsicles, and finished up the evening in our bedroom with bedtime stories and some Elmo and Backyardigans. They were all really well behaved and had such fun together. It made me happy to see Isaiah playing and having fun with his friends, but also upsets me that he will soon be moving on to life in PA without them. As much as I will miss my friends, Isaiah will be missing his little buddies too!

Tub time with popsicles!

Beau trying out a binky to be like Isaiah

So, that's about it for us. T minus 13 days and counting until Isaiah and I head to the states on our airplane. He gets very excited when we talk about the airplane ride, getting to see his grandparents, and maybe best of all, that he'll get to see Ella and Lydia very soon! We love you all--US families and our St. Kitts one too! We'll be glad to have some time at home to prepare for the next move, but will be missing our St. Kitts peeps!

Watching Backyardigans

Reading Curious George with Josh

Friends!


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there for your Mexican Fiesta! It's been almost a year and I still miss everyone there so much! Safe travels to you and Isaiah and I hope to see all of you back in the States!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009