Friday, January 28, 2011

Here we go, Steelers!

Pittsburgh's goin' to the SUPERBOWL!

I thought I would post this picture first to remind you that you can still have Black and Gold spirit even all the way in St. Kitts! I stayed up late to watch our boys win on Sunday (even though they almost gave me a heart attack by playing it so close the 2nd half) and Sunday evening when Isaiah and I went to Bible study, we was showing his Steeler spirit in his 'Go Steeler shirt' as he calls his Polamalu jersey that Uncle Matt and Aunt Carla got him for Christmas! We will be cheering for another Superbowl win for the city of Pittsburgh before long!

Isaiah and Damon sharing a hug

Damon in his raincoat and boots!

This week has been pretty typical for us. The boys went to school on Monday and I headed home to do some cleaning, laundry, and dishes for the day. After school on Monday, Isaiah wanted to stay and play with Damon even though it was rainy and we ended up huddling under the roof outside the prep school for a bit when it actually rained on us! Damon was pretty adorable in his raincoat and boots and the boys didn't mind being dirty or wet at all!

Daddy's eyes

Smiling!

Look at that dimple!

Tuesday, Isaiah and I were at home together. We ran a few errands in the morning and spent the rest of the day at home and I went to worship team practice in the evening. On Wednesday, I drove the boys to school again and headed home to get some things done before I worked at 1pm. I helped Josh get his prayer letter started that we will be getting out to family, church family, and friends, so that you can donate time to pray for him and his team or donate funds toward his trip. Wednesday evening, we went over to the Johnson's for a mission trip meeting for Josh's Sudan team. Isaiah and I tagged along and he and Eli played and ran around the entire time we were there. Isaiah slept like a rock Wednesday night and slept in until almost 8am yesterday!


Making a silly face!

Kissing Buzz's leg after he ran over him with the dump truck!

Having fun...the digger was riding on the fire truck!

Thought is was hilarious to run his matchbox cars off the patio chair

Yesterday was our regular pool day and we had quite a turnout. I wish I could remember to do better with taking pictures during pool day, but Isaiah is usually IN the pool or getting OUT to jump IN the pool, so I am usually IN the pool as well and thus, no pictures of pool day! We tried out Isaiah's life vest yesterday instead of his usual float and he seemed to really like it. He jumped in the pool more times than I can count and even went under water without a fuss a few times. Today, both my boys are at school again and I'm killing some time blogging in the student union until my shift at work at 11am. Tonight, I am planning on going to a girls' night at our friends, Jake and Alex's place. It's been a long time since I had a girls' night and left Isaiah home with Josh, so I'm hoping they have a good Father/son evening and that I can have a good time watching a chick flick and eating some junk with some very good friends!

Playing with Mommy's keys

Showing off his new PSU gear
(Thanks Uncle Steve)

Daddy and son relaxing and reading a book
(Thanks Aunt Laurel!)

I want to leave you with a few pictures of the most gorgeous rainbow I have ever seen. It was the whole way across the sky when Isaiah and I got home from school on Monday and of course the pictures don't really do it justice, but you can probably imagine how amazing it was to see a beautiful reminder of God's hope.



1 comment:

  1. This rainbow is so beautiful and encouraging!! I could just stare at it all day!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009