Sunday, April 18, 2010

5 more days!

A view of the Atlantic Ocean from our backyard
(although it hasn't been this sunny in over a week!)

Sorry that I haven't been posting lately. With our computer out of commission, I've been uploading pictures onto our friend, Jakki's computer to upload them to the blog and keeping them on my camera, so I can put them on our computer when we finally get it fixed (hopefully on Saturday!) so now my memory stick is full, so I haven't taken any new pictures since Easter! I did find a few to share from when we first moved here that are scenic and I don't think I posted before, so at least they'll make the post a little pretty!

We are going into our final week here on the island before break and Josh, Isaiah, and I couldn't be more excited. This semester has been extremely stressful and challenging and we are all more than ready for a break...and to see all of our wonderful family and friends at home of course too! Today is a big day for me....this evening is my first concert with the St. Christopher Chorale Society choir, which is a community choir here in St. Kitts that I joined this semester. It is our director, Veronica's last concert as she is leaving the island to go live in Greece with one of her sons and his family, so it's a pretty challenging repertoire and I'm looking forward to it! I have a final dress rehearsal this afternoon and Isaiah is going to stay with the Johnson's (Jason, Jennifer, and his buddy Elijah) this afternoon for a few hours while I go practice since Josh will be busy studying all day! Josh is going to take some time off this evening for some R&R and bring Isaiah to my concert. We're not sure how long they'll stay...it'll be Isaiah's first big public event like this, so I think Josh's plan is to stay until Isaiah starts fussing or making a scene (which could be after 5 minutes!) so we'll see how much they get to hear!

This is an area on the coast known as Black Rocks
(This was taken during our orientation week in August)

Tomorrow Josh's finals begin...he's got one exam every afternoon from Mon-Thurs this week from 1-3 pm. Monday is Anatomy II, Tuesday is Parasitology, Wednesday is Immunology, and Thursday is Physiology II. He's been working his butt off all semester, so I know he's going to do fine, but as always he's putting the pressure on himself to have an exceptional semester, so your prayers for his and my sanity in the coming days would be greatly appreciated!

After finals are finished on Thursday we're going to finish up packing and our flight leaves from here Friday afternoon and we head to meet up with Kevin and Sara in Philly! We're going to spend the night with them and part of the day on Saturday since they have too much going on to come home and visit with us and then we should be to Everett Saturday evening. I will be so happy to be home with all the people we love and miss so much. Ella apparently is just about bursting at the seams to see Isaiah and I can't wait to see how happy they are to play together! I hope everything is going well at home and now I can finally say we'll SEE YOU VERY SOON! Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Since October 26th, 2009